• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

Ads placement - Which method creates more revenue?

MikeHart

Administrator
My question goes to the ones who have free apps in the Google Play or Apple App Store.

What do you think is better regarding making money? Displaying a constant banner during the game play or displaying fullscreen (intertial) ads at the beginning of a level?

Hey Mike, imo one that doesn't drive the user away...as a user ads can get annoying if put in the wrong place. So I think placement is a big factor.
I read alot of comments and ppl complain about ads blocking gameplay. So I guess its game dependent. I don't mind constant ads as long as the game fits in view.
Second I think the amount of times an ad pops up is another issue. Some game over do it. If a game has quick rounds ads just seem that much more annoying but it's a good way to sell a paid version.
So I think it has to be a good balance of timing and or placement. My view as a consumer.
Oh and type of ad, I seen a game for kids that was full of dating ads, made for some angry parents. Hope that helps.

This is a general answer because improperly balanced you could under monetize or just drive away users. Based on what I’ve heard from ad people...

1. rewarded type ads perform best, user driven so highest per engagement return but obviously you need some reward in your game implemented.
2. fullscreen pop ups that happen when the app decides in the middle
3. banner ads give least payout/engagement, plus they can distract from how your game looks.

From talking to ad mediators, they say the best idea is always rewarded ads as it makes users happiest, doesn’t interrupt involuntarily their game loop, and doesn’t make your game look ugly. The catch is having a reason for users to want to click.

That said, back in the day Flappy Bird did just fine with banner ads only.

And maybe IAP backup that removes or provides an ad alternative to keep people who hate ads happy too so you don’t get review dinged.

i second that on reward ads, meant to post the same thing :) as a user they dont feel to bad especially when you can use the "tokens" ingame!

Back
Top Bottom