• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

Auto download Module/Tool

mag

3rd Party Module Dev
3rd Party Tool Dev
Refering to this suggession.

I create a tool to automatically download several modules into ..\modules_ext\*.*

The tool is https://github.com/zomagic/Cerberus_Modext

WARNING!! All existing module that share the same name will be replace by the new version if you run with -update.
Please backup your modules if necessary.

Last edited:
Windows only? If a CX version of a module exists, you should refer to that.

Windows only?
Source code is in purebasic so no problem porting to mac and linux. I can port to mac soon but i don't have linux.

If a CX version of a module exists, you should refer to that
The list of Module is really draft. I just pick randomly from our forum. Actually, you can change it in "modext.txt". But if anyone know any CX module to include, I can add to the list.

The tool is just start. At this moment it can only download a module host from Github.

I improved the tool to be able to download from other sources (not just GutHub).
I also update the list of modules, with the modules reported here in this forum/UserModule
I make sure using version for CX but I not very sure about diddy, sdl2mixer and gif loader. Its seem like it still using MX ;(

I make sure using version for CX but I not very sure about diddy, sdl2mixer and gif loader. Its seem like it still using MX ;(
What I ment was, when there is a CX version of a module like fantomX->fantomCX then link to the CX version.

What I ment was, when there is a CX version of a module like fantomX->fantomCX then link to the CX version.
I did it. For example on this latest list I change to fantomCX already. Mmm but may be I name the folder wrongly :(

Mmm but may be I name the folder wrongly
No worries, works great so far. Downloading Vortex takes very long but I guess it is a slow connection.

To make this app even better, it should have a gui where someone can select the modules they want to install. anyway, great job so far.

Awesome, thank you. Actually, I was thinking about the gui again. Better leave it like it is right now.

yes Mike, console only i think

Could you add some app parameters?
1. A flag which tells the app not to clear the target extraction folder
2. Setting the target extraction folder. Default is module_ext

A flag which tells the app not to clear the target extraction folder
Currently by default it didn't clear the folder. By default it replace any folder

Setting the target extraction folder. Default is module_ext
good idea

i really worry is someone say, have working hard improve diddy for himself, then my app come and replace for the original one. all his work would be gone. that not good. that why i put big warning.

I added a commandline
Code:
modext.exe [-into=modulefolder][-update[=folder,folder,...]]

Use -into to give a folder name for your external module. If not supply default will use as modules_ext

If not supply -update in commandline(default) then the existing module will not be replace. Only new module will be download.

-update[=folder,folder,...]
If you didn't suply the list of folder, ALL module will be update. If supply, those list will be force to be update

both win an macos version is up to date

What is missing from CX to port this to CX? I would like to add this tool to the official distribution.

I would like to add this tool to the official distribution.
YES, I agreed.
It is nice to run from Ted and output to CX console.

I will only add it if an exe can be created with freely available software. Sadly Purebasic isn't.
I will look myself then what is missing in CX. Thanks anyway.

ok

btw...I update some bug that skip the copy/move command.

Back
Top Bottom