• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

News Cerberus X v2018-04-21 released

MikeHart

Administrator
Hi folks,

here is another release for you guys. The biggest addition is the AppGameKit Desktop Windows target.

upload_2018-4-21_19-58-21.png

Thanks again to the ones that have contributed to the release!

Here is the list of all changes:

MOD: [brl.json] Enhanced the json module and its documentation (Author: Holzchopf)
MOD: [CSERVER] Updated cserver to 18.03.05, its faster now and fixed a font issue (Author: Holzchopf)
FIX: [TRANSCC] Readded missing build files for linux.
FIX: [FLASH] added the missing 5th parameter of 2 mouseevent calls inside the flashgames.as native file.
FIX: [TED] Readded Fix for last selected target by PixelPaladin. It was MIA for some unknown reason.
FIX: [TED] Performance issue with big files.
FIX: [TED] Fix for C++ 7.3.1 in mainwindow.cpp (Author: linuxfranz)
NEW: [TED] Added highlighting word under caret.
NEW: [TED] Added highlighting matching brackets.
NEW: [TED] Background color works now in all themes.
NEW: [TED] Added highlighting and autocapitalization of the complete API.
NEW: [TED] Double clicking on an image file in the project browser will preview the file externally.
MOD: [TED] F1 displays now a short help text in the statusbar at first before with a second press, open the help

Again, no OSX And Linux release cause I am lacking currently the hardware to do so. but as before, just download the last release of these platforms, add the current Github sources and rebuild it yourself.

EDIT: OSX version is out now. Linux will follow once I got the new PC and got familiar with Linux and its distribution process.

Cheers
Michael

Last edited:
Hi Mike, haven't been here on a while, so apologies for asking such newbie questions. Just to clear up: 1) so we can now write in CerberusX and that will translate into AppKitGame code? The only caveat being we need to use Windows as MacOS doesn't work? Is that correct? 2) Also, is your FantomX libraries now plugged into CerberusX by default?

No, you can use the AGK Tier2 libraries with CX now. Maybe that means a yes.
You code in CX and can call the API of AGK.
Atm. till I get a new OSX machine, I can only provide Windows.

Regarding fantomX, I have to look into this tommorow and report back.

Reactions: sal
Hi MikeHart, I am still hoping for Android. For the moment I can't really compile with Windows. It says "Identifier 'SetWindowTitle' not found". I must hurry, I am leaving and I will be back in 3 hours.

It says "Identifier 'SetWindowTitle' not found"
Did you set the AGK_PATH inside the config file and let the AGKBuildTarget script build and run? If yes, with Windows Version do you run?

Thank you very much for your help!¨I'm running windows 7 64Bit. No I couldn't make run any script. There was no "stdcpp" target selectable. But I have adapted the path which was in the steam folder. D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\App Game Kit 2. Could that be right? Is the whitespace a problem?

Did you add the path to mingw in the config file? The target to build the modules is "c++ tool"

Oh! I found "MINGW_PATH="C:\TDM-GCC-64" in Config.Winnt.txt. But this directory doesn't exist. What have I got to do? Did I miss a tutorial?

First you need mingw.Then in config file in cerberus-x folder bin you can read what you have to add.
At least you need visual studio with c++ compiler to build for AGK.
Take a look at the config file first and then it should run.
(there is a readme in the agk target folder for infos)

mingw 64bit!

Last edited by a moderator:
Visual Studio 2017 is installed and compiles AGK2 Tier 2 C++ very well. But this is not enough I have also to install Mingw. Is that right?

You would only have to install it if you want to build the target for AGK and also for the GLFW desktop targets.
But give me a few minutes. I am trying something out and maybe I can provide you an exe you just have to run. Like I said, give me a few.

Yes you need mingw to build for AGK target.If you installed mingw you add the correct path in the config file.
Then you build and run "AGKBuildTarget.cxs" with selected "C++ Tool" target.
Then it should run.

I didn't find any readme in the target folder but a "agk2_help.txt" in the tools folder which contains no information about installation.

Attached is a compiled tool. No need to install Mingw. Just

1# run the exe
2# select the Cerberus X directory
3# select the AGK directory

This should build the agk module and copy the tier2 files to the CX appgamekit target.
After all this, rebuild the help files with HELP/REBUILD HELP

Attachments

• AGKBuildTarget.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 399
Back
Top Bottom