• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

guiBasic module

Memzen

3rd Party Module Dev
This is a GUI module converted from Monkey X to Cerberus X.

screenshot of examples.jpg

Get the fontmachine module by downloading fontmachine.zip at the end of the first post here:

https://www.cerberus-x.com/community/threads/cerberus-x-v2017-10-24-released.205/

Attachments

• guiBasic_2019-02-08.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 449
Last edited:
The bottom and right lines of the outline around the Label element did not draw when running the Glfw3 target. Does anyone know how this can this be fixed?

Hu? Never heard about that module. Will ckeck it out.

Last edited:
Seem like a nice GUI. I tryed it but
cannot run.. need fontmachine! which I don't have ;(
so I download at https://github.com/ziggybcn/fontmachine but
got this error
Duplicate identifier "Font" ...
Class BitmapFont Implements Font

Since we implemented our own font class, you need to change the fontclass name in fontmachine to something else.

Last edited:
That is MyGui. Challenger Gui was the first GUI Christopher published. Where did you find it?

I downloaded it in 2014 from challenger-arts.com which no longer exists. There are many apps named MyGui so I made up a name. I went through my Monkey X archive from 2015 and this looked like a module worth converting.

Test it! Wow.. good looking GUI. Thanks @Memzen

While good looking, it suffers from blurry output. Imho a gui should always draw at integer coordinates.

The download in the first post has been updated with a fix for the drawing problem with a Label. The Html5 and Glfw3 builds will not draw exactly the same but I don't know how to fix that problem. Concerning the fix see the large comment in the file gbLabels.cxs in the module folder. On a separate issue, anyone wanting to use this GUI should probably change the fonts in the module to use the font commands which are a part of Cerberus X. This GUI module uses a 1024 x 1024 image for a font. Not good.

What are the downsides of using 1024x1024 images?
Do you suggest to replace the font files and also the font drawing commands from fontmachine to cerberus font?
Do you think cerberus font can replace fontmachine fully in functionality and usability?

Sorry for those stupid questions. It's been some time since I looked into that and it seems you did.

Back
Top Bottom