Playing with 3D on Cerberus-X

PixelPaladin

CX Code Contributor
3rd Party Module Dev
That is absolutely awesome! Now we can use mojo2 to render procedural textures.

@Ferret3D: I'm not sure for 100% but I think it should work since all of this is based on GLES2 (correct me if I'm wrong).

Ferret3D

It compiles but the app go's to the background when i run it on a device.
When i select the running app it pops to the foreground and back again.

JaviCervera

3rd Party Module Dev
@Martin Not right now, Vortex2 only supports the builtin shader, but it can be done with some changes on the architecture (will look into it).

MikeHart

Administrator
Staff member
upload_2017-9-1_17-11-53.png

FontTool and Meshtool now complain at startup about a missing libwinpthreat-1.dll.

MikeHart

Administrator
Staff member
Just compiled a test app with my own model and it runs fine on my Samsung A5 2017 model.

Last edited:

JaviCervera

3rd Party Module Dev
Thanks for the report, Mike. I have uploaded a new Win32 package which includes the missing dll.

So, you got it working on an Android device? Maybe it is only older devices that give the error.

Ferret3D

Is a Galaxy Tab A considered an old device?

Ill do some more testing when mi current game is finished.
I wanted to do mi next game in 3D on Android.

Martin

Administrator
Staff member
It depends. If it's a tab from 2010 then yes, it's definitely too old. If it supports gles 2.0 it should work.

MikeHart

Administrator
Staff member
So, you got it working on an Android device?
Yes, with target 26 it works just fine. But it was justa simple sceen with 123 objects. The framerate was a little low on my system compared to a different tool but hey, can't have everything. :) What I am surprised about it that some samples run faster in HTML compared to GLFW. :D

JaviCervera

3rd Party Module Dev
There's a lot of room for optimization on the engine yet, and I definitely want it to run decently on low end devices, so I will take a look.

Right now I want to start working on a game using Vortex2, so I have been making a world editor (might add it to Vortex as another official tool, but it is very WIP right now):

worldtool.jpg

JaviCervera

3rd Party Module Dev
Whooops! Sorry, I missed you message, Mike!

Unfortunately, not right now, but I am working on line / sphere collision testing, which could be used for picking (although it won't be 100% precise). I will upload a sample on how to do screen picking with that, although I will probably add real picking soon.

I have been busy lately, work is not letting me dedicate much time to Vortex2 these days, but I have been working on a better shader architecture (to allow you to use custom shaders) and the ability to enable a separate depth pass when rendering that should improve per pixel lighting performance.

Top Bottom