• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

Playing with 3D on Cerberus-X

Ahhh yes, I put a comment on the top of the file. The tools use some dialogs, like a color dialog, that require to link against ole32 library. He are the instructions:

Code:
'NOTE: To build on Win32 GCC, you need to go to the Makefile (i.e. glfw3/gcc_winnt/Makefile)
'and add -lole32 to the LDLIBS property

For the final release, I will provide binaries of the tools so you won't have to build them yourself.

The funny thing is. I am on 64bit windows7. I use the mingw version that we recomment here. CX compiles all its own stuff fine.

I just tried and could build on a different computer without issues. But I had to add the tdm-gcc-64\bin path to the system pathes so the build_tools.bat can find g++.

Those irrlicht refence errors look strange.

I have uploaded a new version which adds simple collision detection (entities can use sphere or box-shaped collisions). There is a new demo to see how it's used! (see test_collisions.cxs).

@MikeHart I don't have a computer with Win64 here (I am on a Mac right now), but I will build the tools and upload a binary so you can play with them as soon as I can if you still have problems building them.

Last edited:
Please keep working on this!

Great work, i love the Blitz like commands.
Will definitely play with this.

Last edited:
Javi, thanks again from my side as well. Will probably use it as well and show (at some point) something here in the showcase as well. :)

Just a question. Can I use mojo in a way that I have several 2d only screens but use 3d on some where I need it?

Take as example a submarine game where you have different stations (like sonar) which are basically plain 2d screens, but for periscope I'd need some 3d.

Hi again, guys. Thank you all for your kind comments.

@MikeHart I would love to see your game ported. If you need any help, please let me know.

@Martin I don't think it would work right now, but Mojo integration is next on my list. It should be a matter of resetting the OpenGL states to what Mojo expects after performing rendering, so you can render with Mojo afterwards. I'll try to have something working next week.

Thanks! That would be awesome, would be one of the things I miss most atm. Would you use mojo or mojo2? Or would it work with both? :)

Is there a key to press so the camera in the modelviever resets to its original position?

@Martin I think Mojo1 uses a GLES1 context on Desktop & mobile, and a canvas with no GL on Web? I'm not sure, should check it back, but I remember something like that when I used it a while ago. Mojo2, on the other hand, is GLES2, just like Vortex2, so that's what I'll try to integrate. I have put it next on my todo list.

@MikeHart No, and it would be handy, so as soon as I have some spare time, I will modify it just so you'll be able to reset the view by pressing the R key.

Actually, with both of these changes, I should probably promote the code to the master branch and tag it as 2.0-beta.

Thanks Javi, I'm absolutely fine with mojo2. :)

I have pushed a new version to the repository. It contains the changes I talked about in my previous post.

@Martin To see how to integrate Mojo2 with Vortex, check the test_mojo2.cxs file. It renders Mojo's direct lighting demo into a Vortex texture, then renders a 3D quad on the screen with that texture, and finally renders some text with Mojo on top of that.

@MikeHart Now you can press R on meshtool to reset the camera.

Probably today I will promote the changes to the master branch, so Vortex2 will be the official version, and will prepare binary releases and tag it "2.0-beta".

Thanks so much, will look at it asap.

Back
Top Bottom